One of the strategic objectives of the George Municipality is to keep George - Clean, Safe and Green - for all of the Citizens of George. Our vision is George - A city for a sustainable future! - We live our values, focus on our citizens, work smart, act like owners and are the brand.
The VISION of this Department is to enhance the general wellness of the community and the environment.
The MISSION of this department is the upliftment of the community and environment through the creation of a cost effective, clean environment, beautification of the city by creating parks and green spaces, the development of sport and the continious maintenance of municipal facilities by motivated personnel.
The four primary sections of the department consist of the following:
- Provision and maintenance of environmentally safe cemeteries;
- eradication of alien weeds;
- development and maintenance of public open spaces and hiking trails;
- management and maintenance of caravan parks;
- cleaning and management of beaches;
- removal and management of night soil and solid waste removal;
- cleaning of overgrown erven;
- maintenance of corporate facilities including sport facilities;
- development of sport and sport facilities;
- issuing of business licences.
Physical Address: 82 Meade Street
TEL: 044 802 2900
FAX: 086 589 5494/ 044 873 2186
UNIONDALE REFUSE REMOVAL
044 752 1024
REFUSE REMOVAL : GENERAL
- All refuse bags, black and blue, must be put out by 07:00 am on the removal day;
- A total of 7 blacks bags are allowed and can also be substituted or combined with bundles of branches/ garden waste. Bundles must not be too big for one person to pick up.
- Black bags may not be put out the day before the removal and only in the morning of the removal day;
- Broken glass should be wrapped in newspaper when thrown into bags to prevent injuries to workers.
- 1 Pack of 26 bags are distributed to every household quarterly (once in three months);
- Every full blue bag taken will be replaced with a new blue bag by the contractor.
For any queries related to refuse removal, please contact:
Tel: 044 802 2900