Priming for the BTB layer will commence on Monday, 6 August 2018. The roadworks will be from the railway line to 26 Caledon Street. No access will be possible until the BTB layer is down. All residents are requested to drive over the sidewalk to the nearest exit point at Darling Street, or the other end of Caledon Street. The process will take two to three days and will then continue to the next section until all the prime and BTB is complete. We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.
Once this section of Caledon Street is opened to traffic, please be aware that this layer will be slightly lower than the kerbs and the existing manholes. Motorists are urged to drive with caution when it is opened to traffic and work begins on the opposite lane.
Just a reminder that the final asphalt layer will be done when the roadworks have been completed on both lanes of Caledon Street.
Please be aware of the following:
• The contractor has been experiencing vandalism of his signage, either being stolen, deliberately damaged, driven over or moved. The contractor is endeavouring to keep the signs in place for safety. If anybody knows of or has seen people vandalising the signs, please contact us so that we can take the necessary action.
• The concerns regarding the stop/go and flag men are being addressed, and continued attention is being given to ensure the safety of the motorists using Caledon Street and the flag men.
• The flag men teams have been increased to ensure all road users are aware of the flow of traffic.
• We urge residents and business owners to please proceed with caution during the roadworks.
• The contractor is to finish with the roadworks as per their schedule at the beginning of November 2018.
Your continued support and patience is appreciated during this time.
Any concerns, comments and suggestions can be sent to the following e-mail address or phone number: email@example.com or 082 305 5097.Last published 03 August 2018